Monday, January 5, 2009

Brian Maughn Takes Office

Guilty. Yes, I'm guilty - guilty of waiting too darn long to begin my blogging experiment. None-the-less, here is my first blog entry.

Today, I attended the ceremonial swearing in of my friend, Brian Maughn, as the next County Commissioner for Oklahoma County, Dist. #2. He is a great fella, full of promise and pride. Yes, he promised honest government, good roads and the rest; and, of course, some of what he had to say sounded familiar - but not everything. Indeed, Brian offered something bold and fresh for an elected official - humility. We could easily agree (and even expect a Court to "take judicial notice") that rarely does an elected official display an ounce of humility. However, there it was, right in the middle of his speech. Humility. Consequently, he made everyone else exceptionally proud. Good job, Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment